BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ordinary People

I work at the YMCA as a lifeguard and I coach there as well. I love my job for two reasons. 1. I work with kids and I love every minute of it. 2. The ordinary people who take an interest in your life. I opened this morning as a guard and I haven't opened for a very long time. There is a man named Bob that comes it at 6:30am every morning. I got to know him very well and I was excited to see him. When he walked in this morning and saw it was he, he was super excited. He gave me a big hug and wanted to know how I was. He asked me what I was up to and how life was since he saw me last. I told him about the walk coming up in July and how much money I had to raise. He immediately asked me who to make the check out to. That made my heart melt because he didn't even think twice about it. I told him I would get more information to him before he writes me a check and he said that would be great. Then I told him I started training today and he told me if I need a walking partner upstairs just let him know. That also makes my heart melt because he wants the best for me. I have only known Bob about a year now and he is an amazing man. He is so kind and he wants to best for you no matter what. I haven't started asking people for money yet because I need to get all the information together first but the fact that he didn't even think twice makes me think that I can do this. I can make a difference and raise all the money. People can make your day or ruin your day and people at the Y usually make my day. I don't always love my job but today was special to me.

0 comments: