BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Adventure


Yesterday my mom, aunt Susie, and I decided we are going to walk in the Avon 2 day breast cancer walk on July 10-11 in San Francisco. We are going to walk 40 miles in two days to end breast cancer. Each of us has to raise $1800 dollars before the day of the walk. Plus we need to be training for the walk. I set up a training plan this morning and I will begin this next week. This is going to be a great adventure and I can't wait to partake in something so much bigger than anything I could ever do.

I am going to need lots of help and support on this adventure. I need some fundraising suggestions as well. All three of us are working together with collective money rather than doing this individual. We will be out in our communities doing this alone but we also want to have other ideas on how to raise money. We are having a garage sell this summer and all the money we make will go toward the walk. Does anyone have ideas for a fundraiser or how to promote what we are doing? Support can go a long ways in my eyes and knowing that people are there for all three of us makes me smile.

I am personally doing this to end breast cancer because I don't want to see more women go through what my mom went through. I experienced breast cancer head when living with my mom. It was a very hard thing to witness but we got through it together. My mom and I were close before the cancer, but now we are even closer. My mom was the first to have breast cancer in my family so I am at risk of having it next. This doesn't really scare me because look at all the people stepping up to find a cure. I am one of those people. I am not doing this walk for myself, but rather for my mom and the cure. I am so proud of my mom for beating cancer twice and she is my inspiration for this walk. I am so excited to get working on this amazing adventure!

I have decided to turn this adventure into a blogging project. I am going to blog about our progress as a team and how our training is going. I want our communities to know what we are doing and join the fight with us. Here is a link to all the information about the fight.

0 comments: