BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 Day, 60 Mile Walk to end Breast Cancer


The Susan G. Komen 3 day walk is something I have always wanted to participate in. It's a 3 day, 60 mile walk to end breast cancer. This is something I want to do because my mother had breast cancer, not just once but twice. She has been 5 years out now but there are other women still suffering from this and I want to help. I dealt with my mother having cancer while I was in high school and I have so many stories about what my mother and I went through. My mother is the first in my family to have breast cancer so this puts me at a greater risk. Each year my family and I do the breast cancer walk in Lincoln. It's amazing to see so many people there supporting my mom and others around them. I want to apart of something bigger than I can imagine and I feel like the 3 day walk is just this. I was looking into the process of joining a team and where I could do this. I picked Denver because it was the closest to me. But then I saw something that made me stop for a second. In order to participate in this walk you have to fundraise a minimum of $2,300. I looked at this and thought that would be impossible. But then I decided this would be a great accomplishment for me and for breast cancer. The Denver walk is Aug. 27-29, 2010 and I am considering doing this. It seems like a huge task for me to earn all this money and train for walking 60 miles but in the end...it's worth it. To help these women get the treatment and help find a cure is what I want to do. No women should have to go through what my mother went through. I ordered more information about this and once it comes I am going to start planning for this adventure.

0 comments: