BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Fake Front Page=Drama,

I read a lot of online newspapers because I like to know what is going on in the world. Lately I have been turned off by lots of news sites because they seem to all the be the same. Maybe I just read them too much but I feel like there is a lot of unnecessary complaining going on these days. I found an article on CNN about the fake front page of The New York Times. The front page was a large picture of Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter from the new Alice in Wonderland movie. The real front page was right behind this page. The confusion was that on this fake page there were real news ads and stories published from previous issues. This is what created a problem because it was said to be 'unjournalistic.'The stories printed on this fake page were altered and a reported said, "If I had written one of those stories, I would be pissed." Staff cuts are not being made at this newspaper due to this ad. Some staff members have already left because they didn't want to argue to stay. This is what gets me, its just an ad. It had no refection on the paper other than they made a deal for it to be in the paper. The money is going to Disney and this makes for more argument and discussion. The picture over powers the articles behind it and I didn't even read these stories. I think people are making a fuss about nothing. If people would open their eyes they would see the actual front page was behind it. I think this is just another thing for people to complain about and it's just not worth it. Maybe I am in a bad mood or something today but I just don't like reading articles like this. A small thing turned big...because these people have nothing else to do.

0 comments: