BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Different Views

I am having a hard time deciding how to tell my story. I don't know if I want to tell it from my point of view, my moms point of view, or my families. Trying to figure this out my me think about the doctors. Doctors are the ones who told my mother first. They were the ones to break news that no one wants to hear. How are doctors able to tell horrible news with out becoming personally involved? It must take practice because this is a hard thing to tell someone. Cancer is not something we take lightly so I don't know how they do it. My mom actually changed doctors because the first one she had gave her no hope. I think this doctor dealt with this too many times and just gave up on sympathy. The doctor my mom has now is amazing. She had my mom do any thing and everything to help her. If one thing didn't work, she tried another. She seems to truly care for my mom, but at the same time she is not personally tied. That has to be a hard job and I personally could not do this.

Now I am conflicted on how I want to tell me story. It's interesting to think one event can have different stories. My mom didn't tell my brother the same way she told me and that results in a different story. I think I am going to tell this story from my mom's point of view. I can't imagine telling people you have cancer. It's not the person's fault they have cancer and that makes it even harder.

I can't wait for the walk in July and talk to different women about their experiences. Every women has a story to tell and they are all worth listening to. I just hope my story is as powerful as I want it to be.

0 comments: