BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update Time!


After walking 5 miles with my wonderful mom this morning I realized that this walk is for real. We are actually going to walk 39 miles in two days....no joke. Our team is doing great, minus two bum feet and one bad back. The training is starting to get intense but it's worth it. It may not feel like it at the time, but it is. We have raised $1,520 so far as a team. It feels great to break the $1,000 mark and know that we are on our way. This coming weekend we are having a candle/purse party at my house in Lincoln for a fundraiser. I can't wait to see how much we make this time. Also in May we are having a garage sale to raise money as well. I am starting to feel great about this and I am understanding what its truly about. It has been hard to me to train, raise money, go to school, and work all at the same time but I am having fun doing so. Asking people for money is something I am not good at but in this case I have found people are willing. Some big business are not so willing but they always send an encouraging no in their e-mail. Last weekend we were in the Neighborhood extra in Lincoln and I hope people read that and are willing to donate. I can't wait until we step off the plane in San Fransisco. I can only image what it is going to be like!

0 comments: