BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Resources that don't work


It has been one heck of a weekend for me and it's still not looking up. I had to make the long journey to Illinois on Thursday for my grandpa's funeral. It was a long and emotional weekend for me and my family. I came back on Saturday with part of my family but my parents stayed one more day to help my grandma. Since no one was going to be at my parents house I drove to Fremont to see my boyfriend. Now it's Sunday and time for me to head home. It's sunny out and the snow is beginning to melt. To me that looks like a good day to drive home. I checked 511Nebraska.org to check on the highway and interstate conditions because my parents who are driving home now say the wind it blowing snow like crazy. The website said everything was open and clear. Well guess why...they LIED. I was about to get on the highway when I saw road blocks and cars being pulled over. The highway from Fremont to Seward is closed. I go back to my boyfriends and we check the website. It is still telling me it's open. Now I am unsure if I will make it back today or if I will miss class yet again on Monday.

If we have these resources, then why are they not correct. I could have saved a lot of time, money, and energy if the website was correct. Why even have it? Aren't there people just sitting on their butts updating this? I think there should be. I am upset because I know the highway didn't just close right when I pulled up to it. This website appears to be reliable and functioning but it's a joke. A complete joke!

I am a little frustrated with this but there is not much I can do about mother nature. The website is now updated with the information I need. Thanks for that an hour later. Hope I make it to class on Monday!

1 comments:

Matt said...

I have had problems with this site before. I would think that it would be someone's full-time job to update the road information.