BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clickers Number Us


I was talking to a friend about using clickers campus wide today and she brought up a good point. How long would it take to get something passed in order for this to happen? Would we vote on it or would it just be placed into our school? I don't have a problem with clickers in classrooms but I think they should only be used in certain situations. If every class had them would the attendance policy change? There is not a campus wide policy now so I think having the clickers might change that. English classes are made for discussion about a reading or something along those lines. Science classes are made for understanding and retaining information. English would be very different if we change it to click in to answer a question. I think this would make a professors job more complicated. I think this because they would have to make the clicker quizzes all the time, whereas now the professor starts a conversation and students give input. The reason I came to UNK is because of the class size UNK doesn't want you to be a number in the back of a classroom. With a clicker I think we would be a number. That's not what our campus is about and I don't want to see it move that direction.

0 comments: