BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Understanding

In a previous post I was questioning why these children are not being flown to the US to get help. Then I found an article to tell me why. In Haiti trafficking kids is a huge problem. More than half of these orphans are trafficked kids and actually have families. The reason these kids are not being shipped out is because some organizations come in and take these kids. What I mean by that is, some organizations seem to be legit and want to help kids make it to safety, but others are not legit. These not legit organizations traffic kids for money and even their organs. That's why each kid has to be released by the embassy in order to come to the US. Trafficking is the main reason why it's a very long process to adopt a child from Haiti. So I stand corrected on my judgement about Haiti and what is happening with their children.

I think we still need to step in and adopt these children. I found an article about a family from Lincoln that adopted two kids from Haiti. The article is amazing to read because the earth quake effected this family and they were not there when it happened. The most touching thing the mother says during the audio is "I thought our paper work was burned and that our children would have to live without us." The two girls got to experience snow for the first time...how fun would that be? Here is the article about the family: Nebraska Family Welcomes 2 Girls
This family met these girls in 2007 and now they are finally home with them and it took a disaster to make it happen.

1 comments:

Ralph Hanson said...

Looks to me like I see an editorial brewing here!